Dr. Mary Lou Luebbe-Gearhart, AuD, is recognized as one of America’s most experienced and trusted hearing experts. She is a board-certified doctor of audiology and has been President of Luebbe Hearing Services in Columbus, Ohio, since 1973, continuing a family tradition established by her father in 1946. Mr. Luebbe began by helping WW2 Veterans returning with hearing loss. Dr. Mary Lou’s passion for helping people hear what they’ve been missing has taken her around the world, using state-of-the-art hearing aid technology to transform people’s lives.
While attending The Ohio State University in Columbus Ohio, Dr. Luebbe earned her Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Marketing and her Master of Arts in Communications/Hearing and Speech Science/Audiology. Then, at University of Florida in Gainesville, she earned her Doctorate in Audiology (Au.D).
She is a charter member of the Women Presidents Organization (WPO) and served on the Board of Trustees of People to People International, established by President Eisenhower with Walt Disney on the original board. She also served on the board for Better Business Bureau (BBB) of Central Ohio, as well as the Board of Trustees for the Worthington Chamber of Commerce. Currently, she serves as the President of the Worthington Women’s Club, established in 1932.
Luebbe Hearing Services was recognized as a BBB “Heritage” Business Member since 1951 — over 70 years of business excellence, innovation, sustainability, ethics, quality customer support, and philanthropic service to the community.
Luebbe Hearing Services has received the Consumers’ Choice Award as the outstanding provider of hearing aids and audiology every year since 2009 — for 14 consecutive years!
You may have heard and know the jingle – want to sing it? “Luebbe Hearing Services – You’ll Hear What You’ve Been Missing!” (Based on Matthew 11:15 — “He that has ears to hear, let him hear.” It’s the Luebbe Audiologist’s Prayer.)
- The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio – Bachelor of Science-Business Administration and Marketing
- The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio – Master of Arts – Communications/Hearing and Speech Science/Audiology
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida – Doctor of Audiology
- Doctor of Audiology/President of Luebbe Hearing
- Luebbe Hearing Services, Inc. Columbus, Ohio: 1973–Present
- Circleville Hearing Center Circleville, Ohio: 1983–Present
- Board Certified, American Academy of Audiology
- Board Certified, Hearing Instrument Science, International Hearing Society
- Member, Academy of Doctors of Audiology
- Certified Clinically Competent, American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Ohio Academy of Audiology
- Ohio Speech and Hearing Association
- Supervises and mentors Doctoral and Graduate students in Audiology
- Board of Trustees of People to People International (45,000 members in 38 countries)
- Member, Sertoma (Service to Mankind)
- Charter member of the Women Presidents’ Organization (WPO) of Columbus
- Past President, American Association of University Women, Circleville, Ohio branch (AAUW)
- Past President/member, OSU Alumni Association of Pickaway County
- Aladdin Shrine Temple Circus “Mom”
- Scholar Award, American Academy of Audiology
- The Ace Award for Continuing Education from American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Consumers’ Choice Award for Business Excellence, Quality and Value from 2009–2020
- Recipient of the Bevis Society Award by The Presidents Club of The Ohio State University 1998
- Finalist 2001 Family Business of the Year by the Family Business Center of Central Ohio
- Exemplar of Women in Science, Engineering, and Mathematics by the Ohio Academy of Science
- Business Woman of the Year 1992 by the Business and Professional Women’s Club (Circleville, Ohio)
- Nominated for 1999 Small Business Person of the Year for Columbus Ohio District
- Hall of Fame Inductee – Bishop Ready High School
- Received the People to People 2005 Leadership Award, Seoul, Korea